This is the Flash Reuben, which is all kinds of yum.
You make it like this:
1. Think about tonight's blog post. Inspiration in a thought bubble: reuben! Look at amount of daylight left. Panic.
2. Check pantry. Defrost Viva Vegan steamed red seitan and Dave's Killer Bread Rockin' Rye.
3. Dash to store to get sauerkraut (Bubbie's). Get accosted by kiwi-berry pusher in produce. Eat one kiwi-berry. Succumb to cajoling and agree to buy kiwi-berries. Dash home.
4. Slice seitan and preheat broiler.
5. Broil seitan slices three minutes per side.
6. While broiling, mix up thousand island dressing: 1-2 tablespoons each ketchup and Vegenaise, 1/2-1 teaspoons each capers and pickle relish, dash of black salt.
7. Toast rye bread.
8. Layer half the sauce on the bread. On go broiled seitan strips.
9. Remove about half a cup sauerkraut from jar. Squeeze moisture out over sink. Layer over seitan. Drizzle remaining sauce over, top with second piece of rye.
10. Look at daylight. Panic. Rush outside with camera, sandwich, and backdrop. Photograph from every angle, minimum 15 shots each.
11. Upload photos to computer. Choose least offensive, brighten, and crop.
12. Write post quickly so you don't forget what you did.
13. Schedule for publishing.
14. Hope that sandwich is not stone cold.
Variation: Skip steps 10-14. Eat hot.
* * *
Of course I have another giveaway for you hungry vegans, and it's from Dave's Killer Bread!
Are you surprised? No, you are not. All of their bread is vegan, and it is the only bread I buy. Right now I have their Killer Cracked Wheat bread on my kitchen table, and Rockin' Rye (you know this already) and Blues Buns in my freezer. I dream about their Sin Dawgs--if you have access to them and are not buying them, I am concerned. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a regular purchaser of their newest product too. That product would be DKB Halos, aka Good Seed evolved bagels! One lucky winner will win a package of these gorgeous things upon their launch on November 14. Don't they look so good? They give seedy a new meaning.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment below. Tell me about your favorite Dave's Killer Bread product, or what you like on your bagel, or anything at all. This giveaway is open to US residents only, but others this month will be open to everybody everywhere. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator and posted tomorrow below tomorrow's giveaway. If you win a giveaway on this blog at some point this month, please be kind and don't enter further giveaways--I'd love as many people to win something as possible!
* * *
The winner of yesterday's Quick & Easy Vegan Bake Sale giveaway is Emmy! Congratulations! Please send your name and address to me at miso...@yahoo.com. (<---make sure to click on the . . . link for the rest of the email address. This is a spam avoidance thing.)